Saturday, October 24, 2009

things aren't ALL bad

I don't want to be this person with "issues" but the reality is that I am. It's not always easy but in the realm of life there are many, many others who are fighting greater battles. So I had to post again for fear that my other post was not easy to write and it's the dim and dreary of my life but it is not ALL that my life is.

Today, here in the northeast, the trees are really really pretty. I do have a camera and if I can get out to take a picture, I will and I will even try to post it. I'm training to do an 8K...don't be too impressed...it's a walking one. I have tried for almost three years now to be a runner but I just don't seem to have the stamina. I already walk 3-4 miles so the 8K (4.96 mi) should be do able. It gives me a goal and that combined with my revisiting WW again will help me feel better. For me my physical health has a great impact on my mental health. They go hand in hand. When one is good the other is and one is in the toilet the other is, too.

I, too, probably against my therapists wishes am in a relationship with a SO. Not sure how to refer to him for now so we'll just go with SO. What's funny about this, or maybe not so funny, is that at first I really wasn't drawn to him. For some reason he hung in there and I got to a point where I was ready to meet him. I've been able to share myself with him and he hasn't taken off yet. He is really quite wonderful. Tis better to have loved and known love that not loved at all. Not sure who said that but it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment